The refund of your security deposit will be based, in part, on the condition of the rental unit when it is returned to Preferred Residential. Below are a list of items to clean and a list of tasks to perform when you move out. These lists are not all-inclusive and are intended as a guide to help tenants receive as much of a refund as possible.
- All appliances, inside and out.
- Cabinets and drawers, inside and out.
- Where appropriate remove and clean light covers. All light fixtures should contain working bulbs.
- Carpets shall be professionally cleaned and a receipt shall be provided to Preferred Residential. We recommend Interior Care Carpet Cleaning. All other floors shall be cleaned and/or waxed as is appropriate for the type of floor covering. Clean baseboards and door casings.
- Clean window coverings.
- Forced air ducts shall be clean and free of debris.
- Ceilings clean and free of cobwebs. Interior walls and doors clean especially in high traffic areas.
- Fireplace and hearth.
- All plumbing fixtures.
- Bath tub and/or shower surround including door tracks. Toilet free of water stains.
- All windows, window sills AND tracks.
- Porch, deck, patio, walkway and garage.
Additionally, the following need to be completed:
- Dirty furnace filters should be replaced.
- All garbage/trash/debris removed to appropriate receptacle.
- All pet waste cleared from yard and removed from property.
- Lawn and grounds trimmed and mowed if applicable.
- Final utilities paid.
- All keys returned to Preferred Residential.
- Property left in condition as good as when it was received by the tenant as documented in the Condition Checklist.